Friday, June 29, 2012

thoughts upon my bed before drifting into oblivion.





i hope this isn't terribly wicked of me, but i sometimes put on a recorded sermon to go to sleep by.  i have sometimes thought of telling this to some of my favorites as an encouraging bit of information, but even as the words would be about to slip away from my mouth into the air, i'd realize how rude that could sound.  of course, in the way i mean it, it is actually a complement. the fact that i enjoy going to sleep by their preaching as opposed to a favorite artist would - i'd think - be nice to hear. perhaps this is one of those things about being a pk. odd enough to create strange habits, normal enough to cope somewhat with society.  we have cleaned since 10.00 this morning, but here, at 10.30 tonight i put my foot down and have taken a shower and am going to bed. cleaning is good. gives satisfaction, especially when doing it because people you love will be reaping the benefit of it...in just a few days, Lord willing, this house will be buzzing. if we don't all completely evaporate, that is.  this swelteringly hot days, broiling sun, sweltering heat...all i can say is, praise God for sweat and air conditioning.
   camp was wonderful, by the way. so much about camp has shaped my life - so many of the people and traditions and sermons and experiences. so thankful for that place. goodnight.







kathryn and kathryn.












2 comments:

  1. I actually fall asleep to sermons, if not my daddy's then someone else... it's comforting, hearing those familiar preacher tones and the Word, I think it's far better to have my last thoughts on a sermon than on my swirling scattered torrent of thought and worry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't too wicked. Dad does that too sometimes.
    Hope your meeting is Wunderbar!

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. leave one.