Tuesday, February 22, 2011

tea track



Brothers were a great invention. I happen to have three exceptional ones and one day this brother took a sister for a birthday outing. They had toast, sunshine, chocolate and tea. Surprises are his forte and Chris has always been a little unpredictable.
When we all lived together in the grey submarine, he would sometimes walk out of his room on his way to work with a suitcase. I remember one day him doing so and my asking where he was going. He said simply, "France" and walked out with a grin and a twinkle for the tide of girls that swept on him with shrieks and "but when are you coming back??"

"why are you going?" "have a wonderful time!!!" "but what about pick pockers?" And as he drove away he waved and honked to the grinning bunch of waving head shakers and jaw droppers on the porch.
Life and tea with this brother are neither typical nor predictable, but they are always an adventure.










3 comments:

  1. That is the best thing EVER! Such fortunate ladies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabe, dear, I just stumbled across your little corner here, and spent a golden sort of half-hour poking about in it while I should have been reading a perfectly horrid book for school. And now I feel as if my heart's been set back right-side-up again. I'm ever so glad I know, even in a remote-ish sort of way, such a vivid, lovely soul as yourself.
    --Caitlin

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. leave one.