Thursday, August 23, 2012

congrats, dawn.


Dawn was my grammar student last year and being the generous, thoughtful, briber I am, I thought I'd take her on an "End of School Outing" in May to celebrate finishing school and forever seal my unquestionable position as 'Blameless Tutor'. Well, that day came finally, though a little later than I had planned.  Not sure how May melted into August like this, but it still works, eh?  So congratulations to Dawn! She officially finished grammar today.

She came to my room last night and we talked til nearly 12 about mind paths, where $20 bills have been, the challenge and reward of school, men like Thomas Jeff, John A. and John Q and the capabilities of humans. 
She started explaining an idea she has about  the collective force of multiple minds working together…but she didn't finish it.
"…all these different channels of thought and possibility and - oh! I get jittery just thinkin' about it, but what if all those channels of thought were connected, why, then someone in Japan could be thinking something and someone here could know what they're thinking and it's just - ah! so amazing.  …….and that's when I stop talking," she said, gathering her dollar bills and jumping off the bed resolutely, 
"because I get so excited it starts getting weird, so I take my money and walk out and put it in an envelope labeled 'tennis shoes'. 
goodnight."


Introducing 'Mango Tango'... little joint in town with super good frozen yogurt and sorbets.







incredibly thankful for this kid.
can't imagine my life without her…she's more than one in a million,
she's dawn.

1 comment:

  1. The post is written in a very good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I appreciated what you have done here.
    Hire Dedicated SEO Experts

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. leave one.