Saturday, October 22, 2011

i wonder if they will still let me dig in the tresure chest..


 for several months now, i've been wanting to go to the dentist [note: we suddenly care about these things when we grow up].  i have been disappointed because i couldn't see when my artist's fare would allow for me to go. but the other night when i came home a wonderful thing happened in my life.  i was eating my dad's chili { gooood } when he told me he'd signed me up for dental insurance. {yes. i know, i really should have been the one researching my own insurance policies and figuring this out for myself ....but i didn't.}  now, you can imagine my thrill.  or maybe you can't.   it was like robinson crusoe's ecstasy at seeing his ship coming to take him away...i was being taken away from an island of undentisted teeth forests to a paradise of teeth rich people. i imagine this place to be  where all the people walk around with sparkling gastonly smiles, and who constantly slide their tongues across a white, squeaky set of teeth.  as defoe would say i was 'delighted to the highest degree'.  ever since then, i've caught myself staring into space wondering what the dentist would say if he saw my teeth right then. i  imagine his wince and a deep etched frown. so, i have taken special pains to be particularly mindful about keeping them in unreasonably good health.  this has been made easier to do since anne has told us that sugar ferments and the acid causes deterioration of our teeth. 
[egh. i know. the truth is sometimes repulsive.] 
here, may i say that i don't understand those who don't floss regularly. let's face it: it's just plain gross not to. so if you have dental floss, use it.  it's one of those things in life you'll never regret.  and if you don't have it, then look around for a girl with long hair and use your ingenuity.  [it's not too far fetched... i imagine adam.  and we might as well get used to the thought now, for i doubt they'll be selling dental floss in the apocolypse.]
  to you, december 1st, i say wait for me, you dear canine day.  
i am coming.

 
i hope my nurses will be just like  
these motherly figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

go ahead. leave one.