Monday, October 1, 2012

p.s. let not your heart be troubled: daddy's got bacon in the freezer.



.Local Scalpings. 
for more info please dial
770.787.4039.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy October First Everybody!!!
  I have to say, besides it not being nippy and chilly and blue, it was a perfect day to kick October off with.  Grey and downy and drippy all day long, I want to hug days like this. Kiss them and pinch their cheeks, they are so endearing.   The school kids had play practice today, then came to our house to hang out.

  Ah!!! But daft me!!! We had supper at church last evening, and after services I did what I always do: I walked out of the building over to the lunch room and ate supper. without picking up my purse/Bible/notebook. Unless I'm very good, I generally forget I've done that, and have to go back and retrieve my stuff after the doors have been locked. Well, it was raining, of course, but right as we were leaving, I realized I hadn't gotten my stuff. I wasn't worried so much about my purse as I was a certain book that was beside it: my journal.  I need my journal, folks.  It is an essential part of my sanity and thought process. To be without it, is to be wretched. Took the keys, ran in, {didn't turn on the lights} felt on our pew for my stuff - didn't feel it, ran back out, jumped in the car and asked if anyone else had gotten it. No. Daddy jumped out, ran in, {turned on the lights} and brought out my purse. But my journal/Bible/notebook were still in there. I felt a sinking and slapping sensation across the face of my better judgement. AH! This is what I dread. And always try to make NOT happen. As it is, I've been scrounging for scraps of paper to write on and wondering why I didn't just turn on the lights.  P.s. my new moleskine from Chris is red. That's adventurous, isn't it? It's a cherry red. It's a flamboyant red.
excerpt from an old one::
Sunday, July 15, 2012

'I have so many pressure points nowadays, it's strange.  I just laid down and my eyebrows pressed that book and it was an odd pressure point." Merry was - is - lying across my stomach and Milly was lying across my legs, one head burrowed in the blankets.  She raised her head and said,
"I've had some pressure points too…Not a lot; the main one is when I floss, that tooth hits a nerve in my collar bone."






 This trio never fails to make me smile.


as it was raining, a.g. and i had to be a little innovative with our workout set up tonight.
did we feel hick?
yes.
did we feel redneck?
yes.
did we still do it?
you bet. 

~~~~~~  



a.g. fixed my hair into an Anne Shirley do-up. But she says teasing is the key.  she teased it so much, it went crazy. { love that a.g. is laughing so hard here she's almost crying. love that she can make me laugh more than any other person alive.}

'i don't want starbursts or marble halls…i just want a camel and needle, and 
gilbert blythe'
{do we pass, do you think, as fitting A. of G.G. characters?}

6 comments:

  1. Is that quote from A. of the I.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, not quite. hers runs more like "I don't want sunbursts or marble halls; I just want you." but yes. Essentially, M.P.B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, ok, I thought it sounded familiar but I was struggling to remember how camels and needles fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh you two would fit in quite nicely with Anne and her bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For sure. A hands down replica. Ya'll make me laugh from afar! Lov ya's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you think so, Abby and Rachel. I'll be sure to practice this several times before marrying my millionaire and making my yearly trips to P.E.I. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. leave one.