Sunday, May 20, 2012

sunday


Heart of Life 
is Good




I don't really have something specific to write tonight.  I'm just happy, mostly.  I think you would be too if you were here right now...there's not really any way not to be happy. Or at least content.
 Michael is here.  So my windows are open and he's playing to all of us girls in the room.  Dawn is wearing a straw hat, asking me if the weight on my renewed driver's license is the same as the first one.  'Is it better or worse, gabe?'
  Anne to Melody,
 'New Hampshire?'
 'Concord.'
But they insist on pronouncing 'Des Moines'  (derh-m'ohns) because it was settled 'by the Frinch.' ...At least the river was named after something French.  Merry is lying on the bed propping her feet on Dawn's back and reading some secret book.  Mama sticks her head in the door and says 'whoosh! y'all need the air on back here...Michael, I'll play your cd in my kitchen if you'll make one for me,'  and Anne keeps smiling at something.  Crickets and guitar playing.  It's just right.  And so is the world tonight at the Grey Submarine.  Disappointment is a part of life.  I guess pain is too.  But beauty is also a part that is only intensified through both of those once we can see it again.  Some how - in some good way - all that is bitter and hard and saddening will be beautiful one day.   Days like this remind me of that.




























1 comment:

  1. A quiet place in Covington, Georgia...the third weekend in May. Telescopes that won't work- how does that happen? Good food and stories read aloud, and comfortable couches- sometimes yield eighteenth century fitness facilities.

    Muddy walks in the morning before breakfast (and sleepyheads still in bed). Futbol and eating and singing. afternoon naps. Dear sisters come home from far away places.

    Good conversation. We talked about the shortness of life. How quickly it passes! Sunday morning at Shoal Creek. Taking notes- faith, hope, love and patience.

    ...

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. leave one.