Thursday, May 24, 2012

concerning culture shock at the grey submarine

I was voicing some of my concerns to A.G. about someone who had visited the Grey Submarine for the first time this past week.  Culture shock?  I would think so.
 'So, observations?' she said.
'Uh..I don't know. I guess I just wondered if he was a little...uncomfortable?  It seemed like he laughed a lot, like in the frisbee game...he would laugh for no apparent reason.  It could be something as little as "hey pam! right here if you need me..." and he'd laugh.'
Anne looked disappointed. Not necessarily in the content of my reply, but rather the truth it gave away: that I had not analyzed this thoroughly enough to come to a layman's conclusion on the subject.
'Rey!' she said, chagrinned at my lack of insight, 'See this from his point of view.  He was playing with midgets who all ran around in circles and yelled and would get feisty and worked up and who would knock each other down and blaze right through anyone who had the frisbee....I'm sure it was hard for him not to laugh the whole time! If you think about it, there's nothing not funny about it.'


       And so of course, after thinking it over, I think I must confess this to be true.
  

1 comment:

  1. I like this tremendously. Besides, you all have a different language entirely, you have to give a body time to learn it.

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. leave one.