Monday, January 9, 2012

Monopoly Mondays and Mo-dawns

'What do you think a saloon was in the olden days? asked dawn,  'Cause it says in Pride and Prejudice that they were sitting around eating meats and such in one.'
 'That might have been a salon they were talking about, Dawn' I said.
She pshawd incredulously, and laughed, 'Gabe!  That would have meant them sitting around getting their hair done...No, no...this was a saloon, but I just can't see Mr. Darcy and all  them sitting around in one.'

  She finished today, by the way.  She shut herself in her library for a couple of hours and would only stick her head out of the door to advise me on a key decision in Monopoly or to look reprovingly when I made a bad one.  At one point she opened her door with a frown, grabbed the phone and walked outside.  When she came back in she said, ' I called Rachel and she and I both agree that that was one of the worst decisions in the game we've ever witnessed.'  I had just sold Boardwalk and doom was on my head.  In spite of risky Monopoly games, though, she still finished the book.  Sixty-one chapters in four days.  Nice, Dawn.

1 comment:

  1. some of my favorite memories began around a Monolopy board..cross legged and barefoot of course.

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. leave one.