Monday, August 8, 2011

to there, one.


Poor forsaken blog. I haven't looked at you for a long time, but it's not that I don't love you. I do. It's just life. Maybe you'll understand when you get older. But for now, I'm going to tell you about road trips. Do you like road trips? Here's the goal. Make an entry every day and post a few pictures, but not edit the pics.... I know, but I'm going to try. So here goes. Your first-ever blogged road trip.



First day: Vicksburg - where Liz keeps vases of gerber daisies and gluten free muffins. She lives in an apartment where, if you look out the side window, you could imagine yourself in some forest cottage. There's a giant fig tree growing in the neighbor's yard and if you were to open the kitchen window you could easily snag a few. Hattie has an amazing straight fro and raises a quizzical brow but grins when her daddy comes home. Liz hangs clothes from a line in her kitchen, her towels smell like lavender. She says 'I'm all about dead sea lotions now,' and tells stories of neighbors who are subtle enough to question and strange enough to endear. This whole morning has felt like a sea morning. Early grey, wind and patches of white sun coming through green. Vicksburg has a lot of tree tunnels, and the most hobbit-like church I've ever been to.









Moriah kept me awake last night while driving. She said 'I feel it's my duty, Gabe. And also, it's not my nature to fall asleep on trips. Do you want to know my life goals? Finish reading through the Bible, go to Dreamland, oh - and I've always wanted to do this: go hot air ballooning.'


3 comments:

go ahead. leave one.